E.L.F. Clarifying Pressed Powder

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

E.L.F. Clarifying Pressed Powder


E.L.F. clarifying pressed powder - a very cute little compact that great for touch-ups during the day. It comes in a small pack, the size of a marie biscuit. I got a shade called light beige.


There is a small puff in the packaging which fits well inside the case.

The company claims the following about this compact:
“Create a flawless finish with the silky powder that blends evenly into skin. Treat and prevent skin imperfections with key active ingredients formulated for problematic skin. Proven skin clarifiers absorb oil on contact to create a beautiful matte finish.”

My verdict:
The powder gives good coverage with the puff. I also tried using it with an all over face brush but did not achieve the same look as with the puff. Coverage is better with the supplied puff.
I have acne scars so I applied it over my foundation. I have tried this on top of moisturizer as well but it gives me longer results when applied on foundation. I think people with clear skin can use it on top of moisturizer for an even skin tone with no shine. The staying power on my super oily skin is about 5 hours.
This did not break me out but did not do anything to improve my skin either. I have large pores and I feel this does nothing to help hide the pores.

Ingredients as listed on the back are:
Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Cyclomethicone, Zinc Stearate, Petrolatum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance(Aroma), Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

The price is ONLY 1$ (yes only Rs 46) and for that price this is a must have item in your kitty J

What I like:
  • Price
  • Packaging – very small and easy to carry – even in your jeans pocket
  • Good coverage


What I don’t like:
  • Parabens in the ingredients
  • No help in hiding large pores
  • Non-availability in India

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Its great to connect with you here but its my humble request - please do not leave marketing links here. If you would like me to visit your blog just leave a text message instead of hyper links!

linkwithin