Nails of the Week – 4 – NYC Big Money Frost (Review)

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Nails of the Week – 4 – NYC Big Money Frost (Review)

Normally I would wear only reds, pinks or nudes on my nails. But to brighten my mood I thought of doing something different. So this time I painted my nails GREEN!

Don’t you worry just yet, I did not paint a loud green but a rather neutral sort of green. Yes, I’m still not experimenting as much as I need to but this is just a start.
NYC - 118 Big Money Frost - on my nails
NYC - Big Money Frost - pale green nails
The shade that I am wearing is from NYC – its called Big Money Frost (green for money Open-mouthed smile) number 118

NYC - 118 Big Money Frost - on my nails
NYC - Big Money Frost - pale green nails 
The nail paint looks quite dark in the bottle but as you can see its quite faint on my nails. I am wearing two coats – there is more shimmer than green color in it. But this is good as it gives a very neutral look and shines only when light falls directly on the nails.

I have used this nail paint earlier for the Simple Rose Nail Art Tutorial that you can check HERE

This does look very green if you use this as drops in any nail art (because of the concentrated amount needed for the dots) but otherwise it’s a nice pale green that can be worn even to work.

The staying power of this nail paint is amazingly very good – it lasts an entire week and even sustains through daily chores like kneading dough and occasional dish washing.

Here are more pics for you to ponder over.
NYC - 118 Big Money Frost - on my nails
NYC - Big Money Frost - pale green nails
NYC - 118 Big Money Frost - on my nails
NYC - Big Money Frost - pale green nails 
I am really liking this nail paint specially for the staying power.


Details at a glance
Packaging: Transparent glass bottle
Fragrance: None
Pigmentation: very light (only pale green color as opposed to brighter green in bottle)
Price: only 99 cents!!!!

What I like
  • neutral color that can be worn to work
  • long lasting
  • no smell
  • can be used as a top coat for adding some shimmer to other matte shades
  • price – for a long wearing nail paint the price is great – absolutely pocket friendly

What I don’t like
  • nothing Smile

What are YOU wearing on your nails this week?

4 comments:

  1. i agree, it luks so dark in d bottle bt on ur nails it is natural cllr! nice shade it is

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely shade..nyc is very nice brand ..i have few nps and i like them a lot..:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Its great to connect with you here but its my humble request - please do not leave marketing links here. If you would like me to visit your blog just leave a text message instead of hyper links!

linkwithin