NOTW 2– Babys Breath on my nails!

Monday, July 2, 2012

NOTW 2– Babys Breath on my nails!

Hi everyone, this week’s nails of the week look is simple and very easy to do. My inspiration this week were tiny white flowers called babys breath – these are usually added to bouquets as fillers.




PS: the picture of babys breath has been taken fromwww.flowers.vg (earlier picture was not showing up on some browsers so had to take it down)


I had freshly buffed my nails and they were looking pretty to me so I decided not to cover them completely with nail paint. And keeping my inspiration in mind this is what I did. You can click any picture to enlarge it.
2012-07-01-779
2012-07-01-7772012-07-01-781


First I painted the entire nail with a clear nail polish. Then I took a nail dotting tool (you can use a tooth pick) and dotted the pattern on. This time I took lots of pictures from different angles. As you can see I messed up the little finger but generally this nail art is very very easy to do.

2012-07-01-827
2012-07-01-8002012-07-01-7882012-07-01-826
Nail paints that I used are a clear nail paint from Lakme and White from Lotus Herbals.
I am not doing a detailed tutorial on this because its just a combination of dots drawn to create a flower like pattern on one corner of the nail followed by two dots running down the nail on the same side as the flower.

2012-07-01-834
If you have long nails then try doing this such that the flower comes only on the tip of the nail with tiny dots running down the rest of the nail. It will look very very pretty. Do share your pictures if you try this out or any variations of this nail art.
Hope you liked the look of babys breath on my nails!

4 comments:

I love to read your comments. Its great to connect with you here but its my humble request - please do not leave marketing links here. If you would like me to visit your blog just leave a text message instead of hyper links!

linkwithin