Patanjali Saundarya Face Wash Review

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Patanjali Saundarya Face Wash Review

Its been a long time since I've been using gel based neem face washes (I am an ardent fan of the Himalaya Neem face wash and lately I have been using the Vedic Line Neem and Brahmi disinfecting face wash which I have reviewed HERE) About a month ago I was passing by a Patanjali shop and decided to give it a look. On my way out I had purchased a shampoo and their face wash. I am going to review the face wash here which is called the Patanjali Saundarya Face Wash (saundarya means beauty).

I had read so many reviews (good ones) about this face wash that I had to give it a try.
 Patanjali Saundarya Face Wash
 Patanjali Saundarya Face Wash

What the Company Claims
"Made from the natural extract of orange peel, neem, tulsi and aloe vera, which cleanse gently, nourish and revitalize the skin tissues to make complexion fresh, smooth and beautiful"


Product
The face wash is a thick white colored cream but absolutely non greasy. It comes in a plastic tube with a flip cap. Packaging is sturdy and is good if you are carrying this on a trip.
The composition of each 10 gm is as given below :
Orange peel :5mg
Neem :0.5 mg
Tulsi :0.5 mg
Aloevera : 0.5 mg
Base materials : Aqua,Gelbase,Glycerin,Honey,Perfume,Sodium chloride,Diazolydinyl Urea,Iodo Propyl Butyl Carbamate,Vitamin E Acetate PEG-14M,permitted color – Q.S
Patanjali Saundarya Face Wash
Patanjali Saundarya Face Wash


My Experience
The face wash is very thick, it has some faint medicinal smell along with a hint of orange fruit fragrance, almost like shaving cream, but its not too strong so it should be bearable.

I take this in my wet palm and rub it in my hands to create a lather and then apply it all over the face and massage it gently before washing it off.

This face wash leaves my skin feeling absolutely clean but slightly drier than my other face washes. But because my skin is very oily it gets back to normal within minutes of washing my face so I still don't need to follow this up with a moisturiser.

The Patanjali Saundarya Face Wash gets a mixed response from me - it does clean up everything really well but it did not help at all with the burst of pimples I got. It was not increasing them but not healing them either. I guess the neem quantity is not enough to make a difference to skin that is already fighting acne.

Patanjali Saundarya Face Wash is more suitable for oily skins - it is targeted at oily and normal skins but I think even normal skin might find this over-drying.

So after 3 weeks of using this I stopped using it as a face wash and found another use for it. I started using this as a body wash (specially for the back). As a body wash this provides very good lather and cleans the skin well. I don't need to moisturise my back but if used on hands or arms, I have to follow it up with a moisturiser.

Swatch
Patanjali Saundarya Face Wash
Patanjali Saundarya Face Wash


Details at a glance
Packaging: flip cap tube
Texture: creamy
Fragrance: like shaving cream with hints of orange - but very mild
Price: Rs 60 (60 gm)

What I like
  • very small amount is needed (lathers well)
  • affordable
  • cleans the skin well

What I don’t like

  • can be very drying
  • does not do anything special to the skin

9 comments:

  1. Lemme give this a try on summers then :) Nice review Shilpa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lancy, yes I think summers would be best to try it out

      Delete
    2. Use of Patanjali Saundarya Face Wash

      Delete
  2. Great information about aloe vera, face wash, neem, oily skin, orange peel, patanjali, review, skin-care, soundarya face wash etc. Thanks for sharing keep it up !!!!

    Prescribedsolutions Stop The Clock

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roop Mantra Face wash which reduces your melanin level thus helps you to get fair and radiant skin. It also helps to remove pimples, dark circles and wrinkles. It can be used on the whole body. It is approved from FDA, so there is no chance of side-effects. It is suitable for all types of skin. It creates a layer on your body which protects your body from ultra-violet rays & pollution. You may use it twice a day.It is the best.try it for better result.for more information you may visit www.roopmantra.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patanjali Ayurveda products are Natural and these products don't have any harmful chemical. For more information please visit site: - ayurveda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Nutralyfe Re-gain is known among the users for providing a quick impact on re-growing hairs by nourishing scalp and hairs. Apart from it, this supplement is also become popular for reducing the hair thinning & sparseness by preventing hair damage.
    Nutralyfe regain result

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to give it a read again.

    You can easily White Spots On Lips because I want you to hurt me not

    And once you have happy lips you can easily try different Lips Kiss

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Its great to connect with you here but its my humble request - please do not leave marketing links here. If you would like me to visit your blog just leave a text message instead of hyper links!

linkwithin