The Unborn (A Painting)

Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Unborn (A Painting)

After a long time I did a water painting. This time what I painted was quite different from my usual attempts.

The base of this painting is a doodle where I just closed my eyes and scribbled whatever shapes my hand drew. Once I felt I had scribbled enough I stopped and opened my eyes.

Then I concentrated on all the weird lines that lay in front of me.  And slowly an image started appearing out of these shapes. This is the image I drew over again leaving out lines that did not form a part of the image that I saw.

This was the final image I saw and painted. I call it 'The Unborn'. I saw a mother holding a new born child but I still called it 'The Unborn' because of the way the image turned out. It seems like the child is still inside the mother wrapped up away from all worldly harm.

I chose green to represent the mother because a mother is the provider all her life for the child. The child is in red - representing the childlike energy. And behind the mother is a yellow hallow - it represents the shielding nature of the mother.
The Unborn - water colors
The Unborn

I hope you all like it!

You can view my other water color attempts as well
Soul
Faceless Expressions
Water Colors Again (three different paintings)
Bringing Back Old Memories

7 comments:


  1. Hi Shilpa,

    I often came to your blog and glad i do. You share very interesting and useful post.

    I work with GemPundit.com and am usually very stingy about giving out complements ;) Good Job! Congratulations to you on your wonderful blog.
    I will come back often to read more :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Its great to connect with you here but its my humble request - please do not leave marketing links here. If you would like me to visit your blog just leave a text message instead of hyper links!

linkwithin