OFRA B5 Serum - Review

Monday, March 25, 2013

OFRA B5 Serum - Review

In my February Velvette box I got a little bottle of OFRA B5 Serum. Its a moisturizing serum meant for combination and oily skin. Said to have antioxidants it promises a lot.

OFRA B5 Serum
OFRA B5 Serum


What the company claims about OFRA B5 moisturizing Serum

"An intensive hypoallergenic, hydrating, anti-oxidant formula that will refine and smooth lines, B5 Moisturizing Serum is suitable for all skin types. The Hyaluronic acid holds 100,000 times more moisture content than its weight. This product is suitable for people who suffer from dehydrated skin. Improvement will be seen within 24 hours. Men may use this product after shaving. Apply a small amount to fingertips and massage lightly onto face and neck. Once absorbed apply a suitable moisturizer such as Advanced Vitamin C Cream SPF20 | Biotech Cream. This product may be used on its own in hot humid weather. Results maintained with continued use morning and evening and can be alternated with any other Ofra Cosmetic Laboratories Serum. "

Ingredients of OFRA B5 Serum

DEIONIZED WATER, SODIUM HYALURONATE, DL PANTHENOL, POLYSORBATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPAREBEN, GLYCOSAMINOGLYCANS, CARBORNER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROCTYL EXTRACT, AND CONEFLOWER EXTRACT, TRIETHANOLAMINE, LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL.


My Experience with OFRA B5 Serum (combination skin)

I have combination skin which is currently suffering with active acne. In winters my skin is extremely dry around the corners of the lips while the nose still decides to be an oil producing factory! When I got this serum I was really confused. The little pamphlet that came with it said it was meant for oily and combination skin but the company website says its good for people who suffer from dehydrated skin. I thought anything meant for dehydrated skin might cause breakouts. But I still wanted to give it a try so I started with a small area on the face. When it felt non oily I ventured out whole heartedly.

I have been using this serum for almost 4 weeks now and I thought I had tried it enough to share my experience about the OFRA B5 Serum.
The serum sample came in a transparent plastic bottle with a flip cap. The bottle is soft plastic,small, and very easy to carry around without spilling. The serum itself is a clear transparent liquid, neither runny not thick, almost like hair serums if you've tried them out. But unlike hair serums which leave a shiny sheen to your hands (if you spread it on your hands you will notice it), this serum simply vanishes into your skin. It is fragrance free.
OFRA B5 Serum
OFRA B5 Serum

I used this every day for about 4 weeks. I washed my face with my regular face wash and applied about half a teaspoon of this product all over my face and neck. It vanishes into the skin without leaving any traces of oiliness. It does work great as a moisturizer for my skin which otherwise hates even the lightest of moisturizer and breaks out. This serum did not break me out or cause any aggravation to the existing acne. It makes the skin feel soft and supple. I have used this as a base for my makeup as well.

It does not however work very well on extremely dry patches - like around the corner of my lip I have this tiny area of skin which peels off due to dryness if I don't apply something thick and heavy like a cold cream. On such areas the dryness starts to show after 15 minutes of application but reapplying the serum does help. As the days are getting warmer the serum still feels non oily on my skin. My face does not get oily during the day unless I put something heavy on top of this serum. On its own it feels just fine. And yes the serum does keep your skin feeling soft for the entire day so you don't need to touch up with a moisturizer at all.
OFRA B5 Serum
OFRA B5 Serum

Since the product has SPF it is not good as a makeup base if you are going to get photographed, but otherwise it smoothens out the skin making it feel nice when you apply your foundation.

I haven't played around with too many face serums so I'm not in a position to compare this product. It is a good product and I am glad I got to try it out. It comes at a price of $49 for 30 ml. I think the price is quite high but you don't use up too much product at a time so it should last a long time.

But the best part that I must not forget to mention - I noticed a stark improvement in the extremely fine lines that I see on the sides of my forehead. I photographed my self before I started using the serum and about two weeks later I was taking pictures for something else and noticed the lines were not there any more. I am going to continue using this serum as a savior from early signs of fine lines! I am not sure if this will work on wrinkles or not.

OFRA B5 Serum
OFRA B5 Serum Before and After

So to sum it up
  • excellent texture
  • fragrance free
  • travel friendly packaging
  • does not break out combination skin
  • does not aggravate acne
  • keeps skin soft for the whole day
  • provides sun protection
  • did smooth fine lines
What I did not like
  • steep price
Have you tried any products from OFRA cosmetics? Or do you use other face serums that you would like to share with us? Leave your comments below and lets see which serum is the favorite amongst you girls!

3 comments:

  1. seems like it really works...nice review

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a matter of fact, it will build your protective cells for neutralizing viruses that may cause cancer. Moreover, a strong immune system plays a vital role in keeping you in good shape. 송파 출장안마

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Its great to connect with you here but its my humble request - please do not leave marketing links here. If you would like me to visit your blog just leave a text message instead of hyper links!

linkwithin